We host our own giveaways and hunt down great deals daily- but there is one more way you can get prepping and survival gear cheap: free prepper gear. Some of our partners like to give away gear for testing (and hope that you’ll buy more stuff from them). They aren’t always available to be sent out right away, and they may ask for you to cover the shipping cost- but it’s worth seeing if they are giving away free stuff. Below you’ll find the list of our current partners offering free prepping and survival gear.
Free Prepper Gear
- Survival Grenade – The “Survival Grenade™” has 15 essential survival items tightly wrapped up into a small package you can clip on a bag or keep hidden in your car… Compact and convenient, inside is fifteen “MUST HAVE” items to help you live off the land during a crisis. There’s fishing lines and jigs. Tinder and firestarter. Even a scalpel and an alcohol swab. All wrapped together with 9ft of paracord. This thing is perfect for kids or those just getting into prepping, or just to have in a spare kit.
- Strike Pen – I have one that I keep in my Everyday Carry (EDC), and it works great. It is a discreet, compact and easy to carry pen that’s solid enough to pack a brutal blow that will knockout any attacker. Plus, it’s a fully functional pen you’re going to use every day.
- Bullet Bottle Opener – This one is less about survival and prepping and just a cool freebie. It gets conversations started at the cookout or party because its just cool. It’s simple, sturdy, and makes a kick-ass gift.
- Armor.1 RFID Blocker – This is another EDC staple that should already be in your wallet. Skimmers are getting cheaper every day, and they are silently efficient. Skimming your details is as simple as walking past. It takes seconds, and often you’ll never even know your data has been compromised. Cover your RFID chips with a blocker.
- Q5 TacLite LED Flashlight – A tactical flashlight that’s not only ultra-bright, it’s made from aircraft-grade aluminum with a highly beveled “attacking” edge.
- Firelaces – Turn your shoelaces into a valuable survival asset by swapping your laces with firelaces. They are TSA legal, bombproof, and are a fire starter. It’s basically a free upgrade for your bug out shoes of choice.
- Mylar Survival Blanket – Often times referred to as “space blankets,” these innovative, space-age products (originally designed by NASA) are great for anyone who’s putting together a survival kit, a 72-hour emergency kit, or just a regular old car bag. Made from a lightweight reflective material, they help you retain as much as 90% of your body heat, keeping you warm in a variety of conditions.
- Scream Whistle – If you ever go off the beaten path, this thing could literally save your life. It is crazy loud and crazy small, fitting on key chains or backpacks easily.
- Everstryke Match – This thing is amazing. Soaked in water it still makes fire. This combined with the Firelaces we mentioned above give you two fire sources for EDC to always be prepared.
- Firekable Paracord Bracelet – We are usually not fans of paracord bracelets, but this one is just too functional to pass up. Firestarter, whistle, and cordage all in a convenient EDC package.
- Credit Card Survival Knife – This discrete knife easily fits in your wallet credit card slot, and unfolds to give you a blade quickly when you need it most.
More Ways to Get Free Prepping Gear
This free gear is a great way to get started prepping and to start creating survival kits. Here are a few other ways to get freebies:
- TruePrepper Giveaways, of course! We are always giving something away so check back often. Sometimes we run giveaways exclusively on Facebook or Twitter, so be sure to follow us and our pages.
- Make Friends with Other Preppers. Seasoned preppers not only provide great, FREE, knowledge but we also tend to buy things in bulk. Plenty of times, if you have prepping buddies, they’ll end up sharing some of their swag with you that was purchased in very large quantities.
- Give In-Depth Reviews. This one isn’t technically free- cause you are investing some time and know-how to make good reviews. Amazon and other survival gear sellers love it when customers provide thorough reviews, especially if they are well-edited video reviews. If you do enough of these you’ll get noticed and they may start sending you stuff to review for free. Not a sure bet, but something you can keep in mind if you are looking for free prepper gear.