TruePrepper is here to build a community, learn from users, and share knowledge. The FTC requires us to disclose hidden interests or biases. Please assume all of the below for any link, product review, or company we mention on this site:
- They gave us gear (probably to do the review in the first place)
- We received money/commission (need to pay hosting fees)
- We got food (everyone has to eat)
- They bought us a drink (no explanation needed)
Regardless, we provide only our own opinions and do not have our reviews ‘bought’. At most, provided gear is considered in our roundups so there may be bias in exclusion.
We are not physicians, financial advisors, or attorneys- so everything we write about or review is not medical, financial, or legal advice and is just our opinion.
What we are is a collection of veterans, scientists and engineers with doctorates and master’s degrees with broad concentrations including Emergency Management. Our professional advice is focused on preparedness, prepping, and survival with a combined century of experience in these areas. From HAZMAT response to border protection, we’ve had the gamut of practical experience to pair with our textbook knowledge to provide a well-balanced perspective.
Learn more about our writers’ individual experiences on our About page.
We appreciate transparency just as much as you do, so here is the list of affiliate programs that we may receive a commission on purchases up to the amount listed:
- Amazon (up to 8%)
- Legacy Food Storage (up to 10%)
- Survival Frog (up to 15%)
- BattlBox (up to 7%)
- Field Supply (up to 5%)
- Armor Concepts (up to 15%)
- Olight (up to 10%)
- Deadwood Knives (up to 8%)
- Money Metals Exchange (up to 4%)
- Decision Analyst (up to 2%)
- Buck Knives (up to 10%)
- Gerber Gear (up to 15%)
- MIRA Safety (up to 10%)
- ReadyWise (up to 10%)
- SOG (up to 10%)
- Uncharted Supply Co. (up to 5%)
- Valley Food Storage (up to 10%)
- Walmart (up to 2%)
- eBay (up to 4%)
This list may grow or shrink as we recommend new items and re-evaluate our past reviews.
When you purchase using our links through these programs is it of no cost to you. If you have any questions, please contact us.